Friday, September 30, 2011

Pausing for Pleasure

Last weekend we gathered the family for one last summer outing and headed to the high country. For gardeners and other residents in the Sonoran Desert of Phoenix, Arizona, that means a two and a half hour drive north, to the cool Ponderosa Pine forest of the Mogollon Rim. Here, we hiked, cooked at the campfire and talked about old memories and new dreams. We relaxed and took in all of the spectacular beauty of our world.
Pappy and grandson stopping to fish.


                       Cooler nights make me breath a sigh of relief, and something stirs inside me. It means it's time to begin again!  After a very long, hot summer I am anxious to hurry up and get things going in the garden! I often have to stop myself, slow down and enjoy the moist soil in my hands, the amazing diversity of the seeds I sow, and the coolness of the morning breeze. Most importantly, I want to savor the people around me as another autumn slowly makes its way into my garden. These photo's remind of one thing...
                                                       
                                                   Take time for pleasure!

4 comments:

Lylah Ledner said...

PRiceless. Simple priceless my dear friend. I miss seeing you. xoxo lylah

ann said...

What wonderful treasured moments. The photos of pappy and his grandson are the best.

Nikki Green Caprara said...

Those are some handsome boys!

~~~Lydias Gröna Fingrar~~~ said...

Lovely!