Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tropic Snow, the White Peach

 Our two year old "tropic snow" peach tree is the centerpiece of the orchard right now. 
At this early age, it's giving it's fair share of peaches just as our other early peach varieties are finishing up their harvest time. Tropic Snow, a white-fleshed semi freestone peach with a melt in your mouth sweetness and a wonderful soft peachy-pink blush is one of our favorite new varieties this year.
 Although, not enough peaches are available to share at the neighborhood fruit stand this season, (hopefully next spring) there is enough for one Father"s Day peach cobbler on Sunday! 

Check out this beauty of a peach! She is small but beautiful!

8 comments:

Terry said...

I have one peach tree. Homegrown peaches are a truly nothing like those in the market, not even the farmer's market! I was going to plant several trees, but then I got goats. Did you know that wilted peach leaves (not dried, not fresh) are toxic to goats? I take care after windstorms that no leaves get in the goat paddock.

Unknown said...

YUM, I can taste peaches just looking at your photos, well done!

Unknown said...

What a bountiful harvest. I love peaches and yours look so tantalising.

Sarah Shoesmith said...

I am drooling at those photos - I am surprised that any of the peaches made it into the cobbler!

Sweet Life Garden said...

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you. Just so you know... I respond to your comments individually through email. Talk to you soon! Jill

Sue Garrett said...

Hi JIll - thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I just hope my peach tree gives me as many fruit as yours one day

ann said...

Well, the plums look so delicious. Too bad I live so far away; I'd be first in line.

Anonymous said...

Love your site. How do you keep the birds out of your peach and plum trees?
Craig