Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blackberry Sunday!

There is nothing better than a bowl of Sunday morning blackberries.
My husband loves to be the first to harvest and discover the plump blackberries. "Man-o-man", he says, this is just like when I was a little boy, hunting in the woods for ripe, juicy berries!"
After picking we like to combine the berries with yogurt for a delicious treat.

Today I am joining Taryn at Wooly Moss Roots. Every Sunday she shares a special post called Gratitude Sunday. She writes, " Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful."
 I'd like to express my gratitude today too.

I am thankful for the opportunity that I have to share our garden with friends and neighbors at the Edible Garden Tour. I am so appreciative of the opportunity I have to meet so many kind and enthusiastic new people!

I am thankful for the gardeners that share the tour with us, for all the time, effort and love they put into their gardens. Thank you for being part of the Edible Garden Tour!

I am thankful for Rebecca Kidwell from MyFarmyard. For the many hours on the phone, computer and in the soil. I couldn't pull it all together without her! Thank you, Becca!

I am thankful for my incredible daughters, (all five of them) who always amaze me with their hard work, talent and support! I love you, I love you!

And, for my best friend and husband, who shares his life and love with me!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

I am linking up with Wooly Moss Roots.   And, with The Prairie Homestead.

8 comments:

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hi Jill!
Thanks so much for joining Gratitude Sunday.
You have a lovely space here. I love that your last name is Green, since you certainly seem to have a green thumb. :)

Enjoyed reading your gratitudes. Those blackberries look so delicious! Can't wait for blackberry time here.

Love, Taryn

Casa Mariposa said...

Your berries look delicious! I grow Chester Thornless blackberries but the birds always get them before I do. :o)

ann said...

Would you please share your secret for growing the berries? I have one black berry plant that I am so hoping it fruits this summer. Any hints? Yours are so gorgeous. And thank you for reminding all of us remember what we are grateful for. Have a wonderful week.

HolleyGarden said...

Your blackberries are beautiful. This reminds me of picking blackberries with my grandmother when I was a child. Combining them with yogurt is much healthier than the blackberry cobblers she used to make for us! They were yummy, though!

SweetLand Farm said...

Those berries do look wonderful. Sounds like your thankful for lots of things in life!

Kim said...

I noticed that you are following Amy at ABCD Designs. The two of you have the most most delightful blogs out there. Thank you for bringing sunshine to our days!

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Gorgeous blog, lovely photos. Glad to have found you .Have a wonderful weekend.
Ciao,
Mary

Gardeningbren said...

Gratitude Sunday....I love that. Thanks for the reminder. Your edible garden looks enticing..the fruit, raised beds, roses..lush and lovely.