Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More ... Spring Rose Collection

 It's already Wednesday! I think I'm going to have to start doubling up on my rose-a-day posting extravaganza! My next rose is dedicated to two wonderful friends that love all things French! This hybrid tea rose is called "French Perfume", it has six to seven inch blooms that not only give you a dazzling color display of yellow with rose pink variations, the strong fruity fragrance will put you in dreamland! The long stems are perfect for cutting, they look amazing in  my kitchen window with the sun shining through. French Perfume is what a real rose smells like!


Can you tell I'm partial to pink?  This beauty is "High Society", she is a climbing rose whose canes can grow up to ten feet long. As long as I can find a spot for a climbing rose, I'll  choose that over a bush rose. Why plant a regular rose when you can get ten times as much beauty with a climbing rose? Look around, there's so many structures to cover! According to Jackson & Perkins, the blooms are saturated with an irresistible damask perfume, I agree. The "High Society"  rose has a five to six inch, deep, pink bloom. The classically formed buds would feel right at home in the arms of Miss America!

4 comments:

Nikki Green Caprara said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Joanne said...

I love these so delicate! love the two shades I would love a bouquet of these! Blessings, Joanne

Masha said...

French Perfume looks lovely, thanks for the pictures!

Teresa said...

That high society rose bud is perfect!